MANOPAUSE™
Live Young!
Join The Millions of Men Over 50 Changing Their Lives... Everyday!

Relationship Tips

I know I'm lucky to still be married after 35 years (happily, for the most part). My Main tip is... no matter what... "Let it go."

Sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes I want to run into opposing traffic, sometimes I still want to prove I'm right... but the truth is, just let It go. Grudges don't make anyone happier. They are heavy. 

I'm not perfect. I still wake up pissed sometimes, but I also have to remind myself even in those moments... LET.IT.GO.

Woosa!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever I get frustrated with my wife, I remind myself that she is my MATCH!

I can't just take all the good things about her and say I "deserve" it. If there are some challenging things about her, I must be contributing in some way.

That keeps me focused on solving the challenge and making sure I am doing everything in my power to do so.

Maybe that's helpful to the men here as much as it helps me. I hope it is.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2020 at 4:32 AM, SkipLaCour said:

Whenever I get frustrated with my wife, I remind myself that she is my MATCH!

I can't just take all the good things about her and say I "deserve" it. If there are some challenging things about her, I must be contributing in some way.

That keeps me focused on solving the challenge and making sure I am doing everything in my power to do so.

Maybe that's helpful to the men here as much as it helps me. I hope it is.

Such a good reminder! Hard sometimes to get my head there and believe I contribute to the difficulties lol (joking). My 8 year gf is my match too and I am lucky to have her.

I also compromise more than I ever have in my life and that's new to me for sure.